USE OF VIRTUAL REALITY (VR) IN POLICING – BENEFITS, LIMITATIONS AND FUTURE APPLICATIONS
WHY VIRTUAL REALITY WILL BECOME A TRAINING TOOL OF CHOICE WITHIN POLICE FORCES
– Examining the different fields in which VR can help policing
– Cost effectiveness of the technology compare to traditional training
– Ease of use of the technology without deploying the trainees in the field
– Infinite capacity of the technology: variety of the scenarios, content tailoring, adaptative level of difficulty, evolution of the scenarios according to complexity of threats
– What are the benefits and limitations of virtual training?
– Capacity to assess the trainees regarding stress response, use of force, standardisation of training certification.
– Virtual Reality added to Artificial Intelligence will provide a complete immersion experience for trainees and ability to organize multilateral standards of training without the need to travel (international training for interoperability purpose)