Safety and medication error
Please watch the video and answer the questions. Each question needs to have a 4-5 sentence answer.
1. Why does Helen Haskell start her story by talking about Lewis?
2. What errors happened in Lewis’s story?
3. As a nurse, how can you help prevent errors and adverse events for parents?
4. What stood out to you the most in this story? For instance, what was most striking to you, and what aspect of this story triggered emotion?
5. If you were a patient or family member in Helen Haskell’s situation, what would you have wanted to say to or hear from the “frontline” nurses and residents who provided Lewis’s care?