paper that examines one of the various theories that explain crime.
Each student is required to complete the term project, which is an 8-10 page research paper in APA Style. The project should have 8-10 pages not counting the cover, abstract and reference page.
AN OVERVIEW OF RESEARCH PAPER REQUIREMENTS
All work should be submitted in APA style, which includes (if sources are used) in-line citations and a References page. No exceptions.
Note that references used for your research need to be peer-reviewed/scholarly journals. These journals typically have the following characteristics:
1. articles are reviewed by a panel of experts before they are accepted for publication;
2. articles are written by a scholar or specialist in the field;
3. articles report on original research or experimentation;
4. are often published by professional associations;
5. utilize terminology associated with the discipline.
Research Paper Instructions:
Choose one of the topics listed below to write an 8-10 page research paper on. (8-10 pages excluding the title page, reference list, appendices) Your paper MUST be in APA Format.
Do not include quotes in your work. I want to see your critical thinking skills on display and not a string of quotes written by published authors. Your analysis is what is needed for a successful paper. At this point in your educational journey, you should have solid substance and proper academic formatting in your college-level writing assignments. Students will be graded on both so make sure you turn in your best work. Do not wait until the last minute to research, write, format, and edit. Proper time management is required to turn in a quality paper that highlights your criminal justice writing.
This is a major assignment so please follow the instructions carefully.
1. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that discusses police departments and crime control strategies.
2. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that discusses illegal drug use, illegal prostitution, and money laundering.
3. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that compares and contrasts the problems associated with defining and determining the frequency of corporate crime in the United States.
4. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that examines one of the various theories that explain crime.
5. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that critiques middle-class delinquency’s relationship to gangs.
Use the APUS library to find at least five, peer-reviewed articles that cover your chosen topic from the list above. Again, you are required to use scholarly, peer-reviewed journals, in-text citations, and provide a reference page for this paper.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have submitted the assignment it is automatically run through Turnitin.com (plagiarism checker). When you submit your paper into the “assignment” area (as a word doc only) it is processed by Turnitin for plagiarism detection. The paper should not contain any direct quotes. In other words, sources used in the paper should be paraphrased, cited in proper APA format and reflect critical thinking.
In addition, it is important to note the following critical aspects for your paper that if not completed correctly could result in a 0% despite the paper’s content and other evaluation criteria as noted below: