need help before monday
In between 750 to 1000 words (12 point font, double-spaced, MLA documentation style), discuss how a social construct is handled in Modern art. You should plan to find at least two specific Modern artworks to discuss. You should put together a solid thesis statement at the end of your introduction that lists a couple main ideas your essay will discuss. I will be looking for how well you are able to set up the cultural context to make cultural connections.
- First, you will identify a Modern social construct (such as religious issues, economic issues, gender role issues for men and/or women, fear of technology, fear of isolation, the role of the “Other,” etc.).
- Then, you’ll choose two of your favorite Modern art selections (such as a film, literature, t.v. show, music, theater, painting, sculpture, architecture, dance, comics, photos, etc.) that you think best address or deal with your chosen social construct.
- Next, you will put together a solid introduction that sets up the context for the Modern era and how your two art selections fit into it. Your last sentence will be your thesis statement, where you list your artworks and the Modern social construct you’ll be using to unpack them.
- The body of your essay should discuss your thesis statement, being sure to cite in-text from our resources supporting evidence for your main ideas. Please use MLA documentation style.
- Your conclusion should wrap up everything and repeat your thesis statement. And that’s it!
- Modern social construct: Female gender rolesChosen Modern artwork #1: I Love Lucy (t.v. show)Chosen Modern artwork #2: Wolfe’s “Shakespeare’s Sister”Thesis statement: Both the television show I Love Lucy and Virginia Wolfe’s excerpt “Shakespeare’s Sister” illustrate the Modern social construct of female gender roles because they are strong women who are trapped within their patriarchal-imposed gender roles.