Interpersonal Communication Theories
ASSIGNMENT: Analysis of personal relationships –
The paragraphs length and contact matters
In this assignment you may use the theories you find through GOOGLE.
1. Apply an interpersonal communication concept or theory to one of your relationships or to a relationship you have observed.
You may include relationships depicted through media (e.g., movies, television)
2. Describe the theory or concept based on research findings (Two at least). TWO GOOD PARAGRAPHS
3. Describe a particular situation or behavior in the interpersonal relationship and apply the concept or theory to the situation or behavior. TWO GOOD PARAGRAPHS
4. Address both the positive and the negative effects of the interpersonal situation or behavior and how it is enacted. TWO GOOD PARAGRAPHS
5. Finally, address the implications of how the concept or theory can be applied to the interpersonal situation. ONE GOOD PARAGRAPHS
6. Address advice, practical strategies, or future directions of the relationship as it relates to the research. ONE GOOD PARAGRAPHS
Social exchange theory argues that the major force in interpersonal relationships is the satisfaction of both people’s self-interest. According to the theory, human interaction is analogous to an economic transaction, in that an individual may seek to maximize rewards and minimize costs.
Equity theory focuses on determining whether the distribution of resources is fair to both relational partners. Equity is measured by comparing the ratio of contributions (or costs) and benefits (or rewards) for each person. … The structure of equity in the workplace is based on the ratio of inputs to outcomes.
-OTHER POSSIBLE THEORIES-
Uncertainty reduction theory.
Social exchange theory.
Relational dialectics theory.
Social penetration theory.
Relational patterns of interaction theory.
Theory of intertype relationships.