Critically discuss the concept of co-creation in relation to the event experience
With a specific event (of your choice) in mind
Critically discuss the concept of co-creation in relation to the event experience.
Introduction and literature review
- Provide an introduction to the subject examined by your chosen question.
- Summarise the literature around the subject highlighting:
o Key themes
o Similar or contrasting findings by authors
o Any relevant models or frameworks
- A brief overview of the event you went to which highlights details relevant to your question
- A range of sources should be utilised to do your case study:
o Personal observation
o Interviews (if possible – not required)
o The official event website
o Any event brochures or publications
Analysis and conclusion
- Use literature you reviewed to discuss your event
- Ask yourself:
o What principles from the theory you reviewed did you see at work at your visit?
o Are there any bits of theory irrelevant or contradictory to what you observed during the visit?
o How could the application of theory have helped the organisers improve the event experience?
- Include a brief conclusion
- Carefully check spelling and grammar
- Adhere to departmental guidelines
- Use a variety of high quality sources
- Use in-text citations for all findings
- The essay should be correctly referenced
Additional information and support
A vast number of resources are available on the VLE resources area. Those are indicative and you should go beyond those sources in your research demonstrating you are a creative and independent learner. Please do NOT use an encyclopaedia (either printed or online, such as Wikipedia) as a source.